Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How Malaria Infects the Body


        Malaria parasites infect two hosts namely, humans and female Anopheles mosquitoes. Let us first talk about the life cycle of malaria parasites in human body. First, the parasites grow and multiply in the liver cells and then infect red blood cells (RBC). After infecting red blood cells, they grow and multiply and later destroy them. The death of these RBCs cause the release of malaria parasites in neighboring RBCs. And the cycle goes on and on causing symptoms of malaria to manifest from mild to severe. 
        You may be wondering how the Anopheles mosquitoes come into play in the transmission of malaria parasites. Remember that after infecting liver cells, these parasites attack RBCs of our body. A form of food for mosquitoes is human blood (our RBCs) and if a person's RBBs are infected with malaria parasites, they ingest and get infected themselves. Mosquitoes do not suffer from the presence of malaria parasites unlike humans who manifest symptoms as their liver cells and RBCs are infected. Hence, these mosquitoes are able to survive and act as vectors (i.e. carriers of the disease and mode of transmission of these parasites from one human to another).  After 10-18 days, the parasites are found in the mosquitoes salivary glands and transmits the malaria parasites to the next human they will take a blood meal on. 


Click here for Malaria Life Cycle animation via Youtube: 

        After learning a little bit about the pathophysiology (i.e. how the disease works on the body), you may have some guesses as to what symptoms present in a person infected by malaria parasites.  

Early Symptoms include:
- Fever (usual symptom at an event of infection)
- Headache
- Chills
- Vomiting.

          If early symptoms are not treated within 24 hours which is possible because its early symptoms are not unique presentations to malaria exclusively, it may progress to severe illness that may lead to death. 
Severe complications include: 
- Severe Anemia (remember that malaria parasites infect RBCs causing it to lyse and release daughter parasites into neighboring RBCs
- Respiratory Distress  in relation to metabolic acidosis
- Cerebral Malaria
- multi-organ development. 



Bibliography: 

About Malaria. (n.d.). Retrieved April 16, 2015, from http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/about/index.html

CDC Malaria Map Application. (2015, March 12). Retrieved April 8, 2015, from http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/map/index.html

Malaria. (n.d.). Retrieved April 16, 2015, from http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs094/en/

Wellens, T., Hayton, K., & Fairhurst, R. (2009, September 1). JCI - The impact of malaria parasitism: From corpuscles to communities. Retrieved April 16, 2015, from http://www.jci.org/articles/view/38307/figure/1

7 comments:

  1. Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com  Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank God for dr Moses Buba for helping me with pills for penis enlargement and cure my friends diabetes, he has been putting smile on my face, and on the faces of my loved ones, I got his email address via facebook platform on a penis size forum on facebook so I decided to contact him directly on his email address, and my encounter with this herbal doctor is a lifetime mind blowing testimony, so to all the other men out there about little penis , and other people that are sick of all other deadly diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, leukemia, herpes and those that needs pills or creams for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, kindly contact him directly on his email address via: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349060529305
      He is the best herbal doctor I have ever came across during my search for a cure,
      Good luck to all the sick people out there, I love you all

      Delete
  2. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with
    the herbal medicine of dr.chala, i have been suffering from this disease
    for the past 2 years and 7 mouth without solution until i came across the
    blog of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine,
    i also choose to give him a chance to help me ��, he told me what
    to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me
    on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to
    go for a check up after a week and some days which i did, to my greatest
    surprise our result came out as negative, and ever since then, we have had
    no more outbreak and we are healthy, we are really happy that there is
    someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. he also
    render cure to the following diseases below
    .DIABETES
    .CANCER
    .HEPATITIS
    .HIV/AIDS
    .P COS4 contact him via what's app +2348165102815 or email dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank God for dr Moses Buba for helping me with pills for penis enlargement and cure my friends diabetes, he has been putting smile on my face, and on the faces of my loved ones, I got his email address via facebook platform on a penis size forum on facebook so I decided to contact him directly on his email address, and my encounter with this herbal doctor is a lifetime mind blowing testimony, so to all the other men out there about little penis , and other people that are sick of all other deadly diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, leukemia, herpes and those that needs pills or creams for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, kindly contact him directly on his email address via: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349060529305
    He is the best herbal doctor I have ever came across during my search for a cure,
    Good luck to all the sick people out there, I love you all

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here to testify how a great man called Dr Odin helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing herpes. I takes his product (cure) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally cure out of it, and i promised him that i will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy I am doing now, Dr Odin also cure all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, A,B,C , CANCER, DIABETICS , FIBROID, ALS ,and so much more , please you can get him contacted on his his email doctoroz2020@gmail.com or  Whatsap  +2348139424847  He can also cure following virus
    (1).Herpes
    (2).Cancer
    (3).Hepatitis
    (4).Hiv/aids
    (5).Pcos
    (6).Fibroid
    (7) HPV
    Contact him on his email: doctoroz2020@gmail.com or  Whatsap +2348139424847

    ReplyDelete